My ‘mission’ is to paint beautifully constructed images that impart positive energy and are full of life. To capture the wonderful details of my subject that convey the spirit – the soul within. Many of my paintings are commissioned portraits, although I also enjoy painting a variety of images.
It has been a privilege to work with a number of nationally known artists. I am constantly discovering new ways of using my paints and developing new techniques. It is the best way I know to keep offering work that is fresh and interesting.
Donna Carr Roberts
Donna is an award-winning artist living in Indianapolis, Indiana. Donna’s work includes life portraits, wildlife and still life images. She works in Oils, Watercolors and Charcoal.
A Classically-Trained Artist, Donna regularly works with some of the nations best artists developing new techniques and perfecting her style keeping her work fresh.
Donna is a member of the Portrait Society of America, Oil Painters of America, American Women Artists, National Watercolor Society, American Watercolor Society, Authors Guild of America.
EXHIBITS and ACCOLADES
- Her paintings have won Best of Show, Award of Excellence, in major competitions
- Governor’s Choice Award three consecutive years
- An extended exhibit at the Indianapolis International Airport
- Named a “Distinguished Member” of American Women Artists in 2014
- Featured Artist at The National Art Museum of Sport with her Olympic Paintings from the Sochi Winter Olympics.
- Donna’s Sochi Olympic painting Viktory selected for the cover of the leading Russian Sports magazine.
- Dean’s portrait for Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Martz Boardroom portrait for Fairbanks Hospital
- NFL Colts Center Jeff Saturday – Featured in the Internationally Juried Super Bowl Football Art Exhibit in 2012
- Donna’s 4’ x 5’ portrait of Lady Justice was commissioned by the Renmin University School of Law in Beijing, China and now hangs in their Law Library.
- The Honorable Robert H. Michel, House Minority Leader, U.S. Congress
- Mrs. Lydia Bradley, Founder of Bradley University